Last Updated: 27 July 2017
- Policy Overview
1.1. Omnyy LLP (“Omnyy”/“we”/“us”/“our”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
1.3. For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“Act”), the data controller is Omnyy LLP, a limited liability partnership incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number OC359366, whose registered office is at The St Botolph Building, 138 Houndsditch, London, EC3A 7AG.
- Information We Collect From You
2.1. We will collect and process the following data about you:
(a) Information you give us. This is information about you that you give to us by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise, which may include personal data and information to help us serve your needs. For example, you may choose to give us your name, e-mail address, telephone number and company information in order that we can contact you regarding the services we provide, career opportunities, or other enquiries. In addition, if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
(b) Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our Site, we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit from cookies, including clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time), items you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as clicks), and methods used to browse away from the page.
2.3. Omnyy is committed to protecting the privacy needs of children and encourages parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests. Omnyy does not intentionally collect information from children, and Omnyy does not target its Site to children.
- Uses Made of Information
3.1. We use information held about you in the following ways:
(a) Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already enquired about;
- to ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
(b) Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our Site and for internal operations, including data analysis, troubleshooting, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about products and services that may interest you or them;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Disclosure of Your Information
4.1. You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
(a) any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006;
(b) selected third parties including our service providers, and analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site.
4.2. We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
(a) in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
(b) if Omnyy or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it will be one of the transferred assets;
- Where We Store Your Information and Security
5.1. At Omnyy, we adhere to high standards of ethics and integrity in performing our jobs and conducting business and are committed to protecting the privacy of visitors to this Site. Omnyy’s intent always is to use and, if appropriate, to disclose your personal data in a manner consistent with applicable laws and regulations, contractual obligations, and our company’s policies and procedures.
5.2. We limit internal access to our servers and protect personal data we receive and collect about you by maintaining physical, electronic, administrative and procedural safeguards designed to meet or exceed applicable laws. In particular, to safeguard your personal data, the electronic storage and transmission of personal data are secured with appropriate security technologies. However, it should be noted that there are some things, such as viruses and hacker attacks, which Omnyy and other website operators cannot control.
5.3. Please note that the information we collect from you may be processed, transferred, and/or stored outside of your country of residence. For example, if you reside in a location in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), personal data may be transferred outside of the EEA and processed by staff members operating outside the EEA who work for Omnyy. Such location may not be deemed to have the same level of privacy protections as your country of residence; however, Omnyy will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this processing, transfer, usage, and/or storage outside of your country of residence.
5.4. Unfortunately the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- Your Rights
6.1. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Omnyy LLP, Attention: The Company Secretary, The St Botolph Building, 138 Houndsditch, London, EC3A 7AG.
6.2. Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites, including without limitation websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites. This Policy applies solely to information collected by Omnyy when you visit our Site.
- Access to Information
7.1. The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
8.1. We reserve the right to make changes to our Policy at any time. Any changes we make to our Policy in the future will be posted on this Site. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our Policy. Your continued access or use of this Site shall be deemed your acceptance of all terms and conditions contained in this Policy.
9.1. Questions, comments and requests regarding this Policy are welcomed and should be addressed to:
Omnyy LLP, Attention: The Company Secretary, The St Botolph Building, 138 Houndsditch, London, EC3A 7AG.